Dr. Bernard J. Ten Broek Biology Scholarship
This scholarship was established to honor the service of Dr. Bernard Ten Broek to the Calvin Biology Department, and to continue, in perpetuity, Dr. Bernard Ten Broek’s efforts during his teaching career to promote excellence in biology.
- entering junior or senior year
- cumulative GPA of 3.30 or higher
- demonstrate interest in the area of animal biology (academic work, research experience and jobs should be considered)
- intend to continue animal biology study in graduate school, not medical school
- financial need is considered
- preference will be given to biology majors who demonstrate interest in the sub-disciplines of developmental animal biology and/or animal genetics
Renewal criteria: Students who wish to be considered for renewal must file a new application each year and will be given equal consideration with other candidates.