Dr. and Mrs. Harvey J. Bratt Medical and Missions Scholarship
Harvey and Fran Bratt, medical doctor and registered nurse, respectively, established this scholarship for worthy young people who plan to pursue a medical career and who are in need of financial help. Dr. and Mrs. Bratt are both alumni of Calvin and they established this scholarship out of gratitude to the college for what it has meant to them and to God for what He has done for them.
- entering junior or senior year
- cumulative GPA of 3.00 or higher in their previous college work
- unquestioned Christian commitment
- intention to enter a career in missions or mission related work either within the USA or abroad
- have attended Calvin University for at least one year prior to the awarding of this scholarship
- financial need is considered
Other considerations if all of the above requirements are met:
- interest in service to the poor and needy
- ethnic minority status
Renewal criteria: Students who wish to be considered for renewal must file a new application each year and will be given equal consideration with other candidates.