Brian L. De Wall Memorial Scholarship
Mr. Gordon and Mrs. Joan De Wall of Fruitport, MI, established this scholarship in memory of their son, Brian, who was tragically killed in an automobile accident during his senior year at Calvin.
- entering senior year
- cumulative GPA of 2.80 or higher
- in the mechanical engineering program
- live life with a positive attitude and a good sense of humor
- demonstrate Christian character through 1) respect for fellow students and faculty members, 2) responsible behavior both in and out of the classroom, 3) compassion for and helpfulness to others, and 4) faith in action, e.g. church attendance, Bible study, prayer group, community outreach, etc.
- demonstrate the potential to make a positive impact in their work both professionally and as a Christian
- financial need is not required
Renewal criteria: This scholarship is not renewable.