Arthur J. and Laura Jean Gritter Family Scholarship
The Gritter Family’s feelings about persons with special needs come from living with members of their own family, now passed, who lived with Down Syndrome and Duchenes Muscular Dystrophy and who participated in special education programs. Their presence influenced attitudes about financial support and career choices. Two generations of family members work in health care, mental health, and special education.
- entering junior or senior year
- cumulative GPA of 2.50 or higher
- majoring in special education
- financial need is considered
- first preference will be given to students whose character development has been influenced through their own disability, a strong record of volunteerism or participation in athletics (either intramurals or a college team)
Renewal criteria: Students who wish to be considered for renewal must file a new application each year and will be given equal consideration with other candidates.