John K. and Betty Boerema Family Nursing Scholarship
First Lieutenant Boerema returned from overseas during the Korean War and enrolled as a graduate student at Calvin for teacher education. Betty is a graduate of Blodgett Memorial School in Nursing. The Boerema family has a very special interest in gerontology and both of John’s parents were patients at the Holland Home. It is their desire to have others join their daughter, Glenes Hamersma and daughter-in-law, Teri Boerema, as Christian nurses in the field of gerontology.
- entering junior year
- cumulative GPA of 2.50 or higher
- majoring in nursing
- first preference is given to students working part-time at the Holland Home (either in nursing or Hospice care)
- second preference is given to students who indicate a nursing career in gerontology
- third preference is given to adoptees
- financial need is considered
Renewal criteria: This scholarship is automatically renewable if the scholarship criteria continues to be met. Renewal is subject to funding availability.