Peace and Justice Scholarship
Calvin College alumnus Paul Hoffman established this scholarship in June 1987. The fund will award scholarships to Calvin University students who are actively involved with global peace and justice issues, particularly related to the causes of war and conditions for peace in the nuclear age.
- entering sophomore, junior, or senior year
- political science or international relations major
- demonstrate a good understanding of the issues related to the causes of war and conditions of peace in the nuclear age, in particular, Christian positions on such issues, e.g. by papers and classroom discussion
- demonstrate a deep commitment to the Christian calling of peacemaking in the nuclear age through extracurricular activities in school, church, youth group, or other organizations
- financial need is not required
Renewal criteria: Students who wish to be considered for renewal must file a new application each year and will be given equal consideration with other candidates.