Allene Huizenga Goguen Music Education Scholarship
The family of Allene Huizenga Goguen established this scholarship to honor her life and career as a music teacher in both the Christian and public schools in urban music education. This scholarship is awarded to students who have demonstrated an interest in music education through course work or extracurricular activity.
- entering sophomore, junior, or senior year (5th year seniors are also eligible for consideration)
- cumulative GPA of 3.00 or higher
- pursuing a program in music education
- financial need is not required
- if the above criteria are met, preference will be given to students who have demonstrated an interest in urban music education through course work and extra-curricular activity, and who demonstrate the musical skills and Christian leadership qualities needed to be an effective teacher
Renewal criteria: Students who wish to be considered for renewal must file a new application each year and will be given equal consideration with other candidates.