Angeline Nydam Spoelhof Memorial Scholarship
Former President of Calvin College, Dr. William Spoelhof, and the Spoelhof family and friends, established a scholarship to honor Mrs. Spoelhof, for her supportive contributions as the wife of the college president during the transitional period of Calvin’s relocation and rapid development. In recognition of her career as a Christian school teacher and her work in church, college, and community causes, the scholarship is to be awarded to students pursuing a program in education, including special education, and planning to teach at the elementary or secondary level.
- entering junior or senior year
- cumulative GPA of 3.30 or higher
- pursuing a program in education, including special education, and planning to teach at the elementary or secondary school level
- possess Christian character and concern for others as demonstrated by active involvement in volunteer activities in prior years
- financial need is considered
Renewal criteria: Students who wish to be considered for renewal must file a new application each year and will be given equal consideration with other candidates.