Dutch International Society Interim Scholarship
Based in Grand Rapids, MI, the Dutch International Society (DIS) is an international society. It shares many elements of its background, religious beliefs and priorities with Calvin, which was founded in 1876 also by Dutch immigrants, but which now attracts students and faculty from all over the USA, Canada and many foreign countries. The language and culture of the Netherlands has been consistently taught, studied and highlighted throughout Calvin’s history. Recognizing these shared interests and priorities, the Dutch International Society has contributed a significant portion of its endowment to support Dutch language studies at Calvin.
- entering freshman, sophomore, junior or senior year
- cumulative GPA of 2.50 or higher
- taking Dutch language courses
- students who are taking multiple courses and/or intermediate courses in the Dutch language will receive special consideration
- financial need is considered
Renewal criteria: This scholarship is not renewable.