Dr. Bernard Zylstra, S.J.D., Memorial Scholarship
Gerrit and Carol Zylstra established this scholarship to honor their brother, Dr. Bernard Zylstra, former Professor of Political Theory and President of the Institute for Christian Studies. Bernard Zylstra actively promoted the development of Christian political theory, and this scholarship is intended to encourage students to pursue studies in the development of Christian political theory.
- entering junior or senior year
- cumulative GPA of 3.00 or higher
- financial need is not required
There are three additional requirements of the scholarship:
- submit an 800 word essay which reflects on some short article by Bernard Zylstra concerning political theory
- give indication of career goals and a statement of how this scholarship would help accomplish those career goals. The career goals should indicate some relevance to political theory. The applicant must also give evidence of Christian character and promise of growth.
- attach an academic transcript or AER (Academic Evaluation Report)
Renewal criteria: This scholarship is not renewable.