Roger L. and Marcia L. Lamer Family Engineering Scholarship
Roger and Marcia Lamer established this scholarship in gratitude for the important role Calvin played in their lives and in the lives of three of their four children. The Lamers hold a deep commitment to Christian education and to the civil engineering profession. As such, Roger served as a mentor to Calvin engineering students and served on the Scholarship Committee of the Michigan Society of Professional Engineers for many years. Now with three civil engineers in their family, the Lamers wish to encourage future engineers to excel in their profession. Therefore, the Lamers are providing this scholarship for future Calvin engineering graduates from West Michigan.
- entering freshman year
- planning to enroll full time in the engineering program
ACT composite of 26 or above
- attended a Christian high school in West Michigan
- demonstrate personal integrity and initiative for success in their field of study
- financial need is considered
- preference will be given to students who will be pursuing a civil engineering concentration
Renewal criteria: This scholarship is not renewable.