Covenant Scholarship of Goshen, Indiana
The Hoogenboom Family of Goshen, IN, established this scholarship as an expression of their gratitude to God for the blessings he has given their family. It is their desire to fulfill the promises made at baptism to members of the Goshen CRC to help them grow in knowledge and in faith. They believe that the distinctly Christian world and life view taught and nurtured at Calvin aids in this growth process.
- entering freshman year
- cumulative high school GPA of 2.00 or higher
- demonstrate strong Christian character, strong work ethic, potential for leadership, quality academic performance and a servant’s heart as indicated by acts of service to church or community
Assuming the above criteria are met the following preferences shall be applied:
- first preference will be given to a baptized or communicant member of Greene Road Christian Reformed Church in Goshen, IN
- second preference will be given to a baptized or communicant member of South Bend Christian Reformed Church or Fort Wayne Christian Reformed Church, with no preference given to one church or the other
- third preference will be given to a student with a permanent residence within Elkhart County, IN
Renewal criteria: This scholarship is automatically renewable if the current recipient maintains satisfactory academic progress and continues to display exemplary Christian character. Renewal is subject to funding availability.