Kathryn Groenevelt Nursing Scholarship
This scholarship was established by Kathryn Groenevelt, a dedicated member of the nursing profession. Her desire was to contribute financial support as well as to encourage and influence nursing students to aspire to excellence and commitment in their nursing careers. Kathryn will be remembered by her service to the community and exemplary dedication to nursing and to nurses training. Her concern for patients, her empathy and her quiet insistence that humanity be appropriately served earned her recognition by her colleagues as a “community health nurse’s community health nurse”.
- entering junior or senior year
- cumulative GPA of 3.00 or higher
- nursing major
- industrious and hard working as demonstrated in extracurricular activities
- first preference is given to a student pursuing work in the public health arena (community based nursing programs, such as the parish nursing program). These programs will include health care for, but not limited to, children, migrant workers and single mothers.
- financial need is considered
Renewal criteria: This scholarship is automatically renewable with a cumulative GPA of 3.00 or higher. Renewal is subject to funding availability.