Calvin and Shirley Van Heukelem Scholarship
This scholarship was established by Calvin and Shirley Van Heukelem out of their personal interest and commitment to address the needs of the underserved in developing countries. Cal and Shirley spent many years involved in their own business and believe that business, properly encouraged and directed, can promote justice, address poverty, improve lives and restore hope and dignity. It is Cal and Shirley’s desire that this scholarship will serve as an encouragement to students who are committed to effectively addressing the greatest needs of God’s children.
- entering junior or senior year
- majoring or minoring in international development studies
- exhibit strong potential for Kingdom service and leadership in the global arena
- have a strong sense of calling to use these leadership gifts in a holistic way to benefit the poor of developing countries
- financial need is not required
Renewal criteria: Students who wish to be considered for renewal must file a new application each year and will be given equal consideration with other candidates.