John and Doris Van Dellen Music Scholarship
John and Doris Van Dellen, brother and sister, are both graduates of Calvin and were both active during their four years at Calvin in the Acapella Choir. Doris sang as a soloist with the choir and sang frequently in Grand Rapids churches. During his college days, John sang in a male quartet whose members continued to sing together for many years.
- entering junior or senior year
- cumulative GPA of 2.50 or higher
- outstanding musician but not necessarily a music major
- active participant in a faculty-directed ensemble sponsored by the Calvin Music Department in the medium in which the award is given
- financial need is not required
- first consideration will be given to students who are outstanding in vocal music. Other top students in music may be considered if there are no outstanding vocal musicians in a given year. Also considered is the students’ potential for making a contribution to music in the future.
Renewal criteria: Students who wish to be considered for renewal must file a new application each year and will be given equal consideration with other candidates.