Llewellyn L. Cayvan String Instrument Scholarship
Mr. and Mrs. Leo L. Cayvan were long-time supporters of the Calvin Music Department. As part of their estate planning, they arranged to fund music scholarships for students who excel in playing the violin, viola, cello, or string bass.
- entering freshman, sophomore, junior or senior year
- freshmen applicants must be granted regular admission (no probationary or provisional students); upperclass applicants must have a cumulative GPA of 2.50 or higher
- play the violin, viola, cello and/or string bass; and must plan to continue playing while enrolled at Calvin University
- plan on performing with the Calvin University orchestra
- must take private lessons as required by the Calvin University Music Department
- financial need is considered
Other considerations if all of the above requirements are met:
- preference will be given to students who participate in a chamber ensemble or string quartet
Renewal criteria: Students who wish to be considered for renewal must file a new application each year and will be given equal consideration with other candidates. A cumulative GPA of 2.50 will be required for renewal.