Sammie Vander Laan Nursing Scholarship
Mrs. Sammie Vander Laan of Palm Springs, CA, established this scholarship because of her commitment to nursing and to helping people. She wanted to be a nurse since she was just six years old. Her goal in life was to help people. Because she has experienced a life-long satisfaction of helping others, Sammie now wants to give something back to her profession by establishing this scholarship and thus allowing someone else the same opportunity to enter the field of nursing as she did.
- entering junior or senior year
- cumulative GPA of 3.00 or higher
- enrolled or planning to enroll in the nursing program
- have the gifts for and the desire to provide good bedside care
- financial need is considered
Renewal criteria: Students who wish to be considered for renewal must file a new application each year and will be given equal consideration with other candidates.