Bernard Vellenga, Jr. Scholarship
Mr. Bernard Vellenga, Jr. entered the family business after his junior year of college. Eventually, he became president of the company and a recognized national leader in the industry and trade associations. However, his career became secondary as his Christian witness and desire to tell others of the saving grace of Jesus Christ took prominence. He also recognized the value of a Christian college degree in the development of young people desiring to pursue a business career. This scholarship was established by the family of Mr. Vellenga in recognition of his Christian witness, example, and desire to help Christian young people pursue their goals in the business and economic life of our culture.
- entering junior or senior year
- cumulative GPA of 3.00 or higher
- pursuing a program in business administration or accounting with preference being given to students majoring in business administration
- financial need is considered
- if the above criteria are met, preference will be given to students who have been involved in volunteer and extracurricular activities and to those who demonstrate the ability to express the importance of their Christian faith in their lives
Renewal criteria: Students who wish to be considered for renewal must file a new application each year and will be given equal consideration with other candidates.