Vander Griend Voice Scholarship
This scholarship was established by Mrs. Carolyn Vander Griend who was the recipient of a similar award, the Vander Heide Voice Award, while she was a student at Calvin. Because of the encouragement and affirmation she received as a recipient of this award she has cultivated a lifetime of enjoyment from singing as well as a deeper appreciation for music in general.
- entering freshman year
- interested in pursuing a major or minor in music
- exhibit interest and capabilities in voice
- studying voice and taking voice lessons
- financial need is not required
- if no first-year student meets the criteria, then a sophomore or junior may be considered
Renewal criteria: This scholarship is automatically renewable for the sophomore year if the recipient continues to meet the scholarship criteria. Renewal is subject to funding availability.