Harold and Gladys Geerdes String Scholarship
Harold Geerdes has made a significant contribution to thousands of young people as a teacher at Grand Rapids Christian High School and at Calvin College. Many have benefited from his loving, professional leadership as band director, choir director, orchestra director, and Oratorio Society director. The donor can think of no better way to honor Harold than by establishing this scholarship and offering the opportunity to others who are appreciative of him and his contribution to the community to donate to it also.
- entering sophomore, junior or senior year
- cumulative GPA of 2.50 or higher in music
- have attended Calvin University for at least one year prior to receiving this scholarship
- have proficiency in violin, viola, cello or bass performance and participate in an appropriate faculty-directed ensemble
- must take private lessons for credit in the medium for which the scholarship is granted (except for music education students during student teaching)
- financial need is not required
Renewal criteria: Students who wish to be considered for renewal must file a new application each year and will be given equal consideration with other candidates.