Business as Mission Scholarship
This scholarship was established by a family who believes that business is a calling that can be used to expand and promote God’s kingdom everywhere. The family who established this scholarship was also influenced by spending time in the Global South (Central America in particular) and moved by how business could be influential in creating jobs in under resourced areas. This scholarship is given to strengthen a student’s passion and understanding of how business and economics can be used to improve lives, create jobs, promote justice, and alleviate poverty early in the student’s lifetime rather than discovering this passion later in life.
- entering junior or senior year
- cumulative GPA of 2.50 or higher
- majoring in a business field and minoring in IDS, or majoring in IDS and minoring in business, or double majoring in a business field and IDS
- planning on, or desires to attend, an off-campus Global South interim or semester
- financial need is considered
Renewal criteria: Students who wish to be considered for renewal must file a new application each year and will be given equal consideration with other candidates.