Dorothy Duthler Nursing Scholarship
Dorothy Duthler established this nursing scholarship to promote the things that have deeply enriched her life: caring for people facing health crises; practicing her deep and abiding faith; and honoring her beloved school, Calvin College. Dorothy’s deep faith has played an integral role in her life as she encouraged and prayed for those around her; and faced her own serious illnesses. Through this scholarship, Dorothy wishes to enable a nursing student to complete a BSN at Calvin University, where he or she can receive training to be a skilled medical professional, rooted in Christ’s love and called to serve others in His name.
- entering junior or senior year
- cumulative GPA of 3.00 or higher
- admitted to the nursing program
- demonstrate a strong Christian character, a compassionate spirit and a servant heart
- financial need is required
Renewal criteria: Students who wish to be considered for renewal must file a new application each year and will be given equal consideration with other candidates.