Johanna Kempers Wyngaarden Music Scholarship
Dr. James B. Wyngaarden established this scholarship to honor his mother, Mrs. Johanna Kempers Wyngaarden. Mrs. Wyngaarden is lovingly remembered by her children as a warm and nurturing Christian mother who filled her home with music, art and inspirational prayers. The purpose of this scholarship is to strengthen Christian education in music and fine arts for worthy students.
- entering freshman, sophomore, junior or senior year
- pursuing a degree in music
- first preference is given to a music major concentrating in piano performance
- second preference is given to a music major not concentrating in piano performance but who takes two semester hours of private piano lessons per semester
- third preference is a non-music major who takes two semester hours of private piano lessons per semester
- if there are a multiple of candidates who qualify for this scholarship, preference will be given to the candidate who demonstrates the greatest financial need and shows exceptional promise and leadership potential
Renewal criteria: Students who wish to be considered for renewal must file a new application each year and will be given equal consideration with other candidates.