William and Matilda Monsma Scholarship
William and Matilda Monsma spent their lives helping others. They were deeply committed to the work of the church and sacrificed to assist Christian charities and to provide their children with a Christian education. In memory of their parents, the children of Mr. and Mrs. Monsma established this scholarship to assist students who are pursuing opportunities and developing skills needed to assist, counsel, help, and teach others.
- entering sophomore, junior, or senior year
- cumulative GPA of 3.00 or higher
- pursuing a major or program in English, education or communication arts and sciences, or be planning a career in a helping profession
- preference is given to students from the south Chicago (Illiana/Indiana/Illinois) area
- financial need is considered
Renewal criteria: This scholarship will be renewed automatically for up to three years for recipients who maintain a cumulative grade point average of 3.0 or higher and continue to demonstrate financial need. Renewal is subject to funding availability.