Cornelius and Leona Van Valkenburg Scholarship
Cornelius and Leona Van Valkenburg were charter members of Riverside Christian Reformed Church in Grand Rapids, MI. Cornelius attended Calvin and later was awarded his law degree from the University of Michigan. He has also served as a board member of the Calvin College Board of Trustees.
- entering freshman, sophomore, junior or senior year
- cumulative GPA of 2.50 or higher
- demonstrate fine Christian character
- first preference is given to students who are members of Riverside Christian Reformed Church in Grand Rapids, MI
- second preference is given to students who are graduates of Grand Rapids Christian High School in Grand Rapids, MI, who are from the northeast or northwest side of Grand Rapids
- financial need as defined by government programs is required
Renewal criteria: This scholarship is automatically renewable if the student remains a full-time student and has a prior semester GPA of 2.50 or higher. Renewal is subject to funding availability.