Jerry Hertel and Alice (Talen) Hertel Memorial Scholarship
Timothy Kraal ‘94 and Juliet (Post) Kraal ’94 established this scholarship in memory of Juliet’s maternal grandparents, Jerry Hertel and Alice (Talen) Hertel who met while attending Calvin and remembered that time fondly. Throughout the years they gave generously to ensure many others would have the opportunity of Christian education. The Kraal’s, who both graduated from Calvin with engineering degrees, wish to honor this practice by creating a scholarship to encourage and assist engineering students.
- entering freshman, sophomore, junior or senior year
- cumulative GPA of 3.00 or higher
- pursuing (or planning to pursue) a program in engineering
- plan to work as a Christian engineer to transform the world to God’s glory
- financial need is considered
- first preference will be given to an international, minority or female student
Renewal criteria: This scholarship is automatically renewable if scholarship criteria continues to be met. Renewal is subject to funding availability.