DeRidder Family Scholarship
Charlie and Wilma DeRidder and their five children are Calvin alumni. Recognizing the Christian teachers at all levels who helped them develop their individual abilities to prepare them for lives committed to service in Christ’s Kingdom, Charlie and Wilma established this scholarship for those preparing for elementary, secondary, or special education. This award will encourage out-of-state junior or senior level students who demonstrate Christ-like character in everyday life, a passion for learning, and who are loving role models to those around them.
- entering junior or senior year
- cumulative GPA of 2.50 or higher
- pursuing a degree in education: elementary, secondary, or special education
- demonstrate Christ-like character in everyday life, a passion for learning, and who are loving role models to those around them
- preference is given to out-of-state students
- financial need is required
Renewal criteria: Students who wish to be considered for renewal must file a new application each year and will be given equal consideration with other candidates.