Rainbow Foundation Wind Scholarship
Tom (euphonium) and Marge (oboe) Hoogeboom of the Rainbow Foundation in Holland, MI, their children and grandchildren, participated in the music program as students at Calvin. They embrace music as an essential part of their vocation and continue to be life-long participants in music activities. They are grateful for the impact the Music Department has had on their lives and want to promote the continued development of wind instrumental music at Calvin.
- entering junior or senior year
- cumulative GPA of 3.00 or higher in music classes, private music lessons, and/or music ensembles
- wind or brass player in one of the major instrumental ensembles (Calvin Wind Ensemble, Calvin Symphonic Band or Calvin Orchestra)
- required to participate in one of the major instrumental ensembles during the year in which the scholarship is used (except for music education students during student teaching)
- financial need is not required
Renewal criteria: This scholarship is not renewable.