Wilma Bylsma Hertel Memorial Nursing Scholarship
This scholarship was established by Mr. James Hertel of Fremont, MI, in memory of his wife, Wilma, who dedicated her life to providing compassionate nursing care. Mr. Hertel would like to support and encourage students in the nursing program who exhibit qualities similar to those demonstrated by his wife.
- entering junior or senior year
- cumulative GPA of 2.50 or higher
- admitted to or enrolled in the nursing program
- preference is given to students who do not necessarily have the strongest academic record but who are industrious, motivated, worthy students who have been successful in their college program to date and who demonstrate the potential to be successful in the Nursing Program and to contribute to society through the nursing profession.
- financial need is considered
Renewal criteria: Students who wish to be considered for renewal must file a new application each year and will be given equal consideration with other candidates.