James J. and Helen A. DeJonge Voice Scholarship
This scholarship was established for outstanding voice students. Professor James DeJonge taught at Calvin for 30 years in the Music Department and then worked for 20 years in the Calvin Archives. His involvement included directing the Back to God Hour Radio Choir, performing as a soloist in Calvin Oratorio concerts, giving voice recitals and teaching in the Music Department.
- entering junior or senior year
- cumulative GPA of 3.00 or higher
- pursuing a music major and a voice concentrate
- must take private voice lessons
- must participate in some vocal ensemble
- financial need is considered
Renewal criteria: Students who wish to be considered for renewal must file a new application each year and will be given equal consideration with other candidates.