Leah Berends Nursing Scholarship
This scholarship was established by the Berends family of Grand Rapids, MI, in memory of Leah Berends, who with a gentle spirit and servant heart dedicated her life and nursing career to helping those who were hurting physically and emotionally. Leah’s family is also grateful to the nurses and medical professionals who surrounded them with compassion during her last days of life on earth. The Berends family hopes to encourage nursing students to embrace the words of Galatians 6:2, “Carry each others burdens and in so doing you will fulfill the law of Christ.”
- entering junior or senior year
- enrolled in or admitted in to the nursing program
- demonstrate a compassionate spirit and servant heart
- financial need is considered
- if the above criteria are met, preference will be given to those who demonstrate a compassionate spirit and servant heart
Renewal criteria: This scholarship is automatically renewable if the recipient is making satisfactory academic progress and remains in the nursing program (senior year only). Renewal is subject to funding availability.