Jean C. Broersma Music Scholarship
The children of Jean C. Broersma established this scholarship to honor her memory and life-long interest in music as a piano teacher and church organist. This gift is intended to continue the benefits that some of her grandchildren received from similar scholarships while participating as non-music majors at Calvin. Her family is grateful for the impact of music at Calvin on their lives and wishes to promote the continuity of music both during their Calvin years and in the life of scholarship recipients.
- entering sophomore, junior, or senior year
- cumulative GPA of 2.50 or higher
- demonstrate achievement in Calvin’s instrumental or vocal music activities
- required to participate in an ensemble during the year the scholarship is used (except for music education students during student teaching)
- required to take private lessons in the medium for which the scholarship is granted during the year the scholarship is used
- financial need is considered
Renewal criteria: Students who wish to be considered for renewal must file a new application each year and will be given equal consideration with other candidates.