Vrieland Family Business and Music Scholarship
Curtis and the late Nancy Vrieland established this scholarship for those seeking a business degree (marketing, finance, accounting, economics, etc.) who also show a proficiency and interest in music (instrumental or voice). This scholarship is a reflection of Curtis and Nancy’s 50+ years of contribution and involvement with the business world while remaining involved praising God through music. Music adds much to the beauty of worshiping our Lord in our churches; in addition, persons of strong business background often make substantial contributions as deacons, elders and school board members.
- entering freshman, sophomore, junior or senior year
- cumulative GPA of 3.00 or higher
- planning to pursue a business or economics major
- seeking a career in some aspect of business
- involved with some aspect of music while at Calvin
- financial need is not required
Renewal criteria: This scholarship is automatically renewable with a cumulative GPA of 3.20 or higher. Renewal is subject to funding availability.