The Pfizer Scholarship is funded by the Pfizer Corporation, which is a leading international developer, manufacturer, and marketer of pharmaceutical products. The purpose of this scholarship is to attract, encourage, and support students interested in pursuing careers in the chemical sciences by giving them financial support, academic recognition, and connections to a major pharmaceutical company.
- entering junior or senior year
- cumulative GPA of 3.30 or higher
- majoring in either chemistry, biochemistry, or engineering (chemical concentration)
- completed a major counseling sheet
- have an academic advisor from his or her major department
- have an established record of enthusiasm for and involvement in the ongoing work of his or her major department
- financial need is not required
Renewal criteria: Students who wish to be considered for renewal must file a new application each year and will be given equal consideration with other candidates.