James and Barbara Haveman Family Scholarship
Jim and Barb Haveman and their family are deeply committed to Christian education from the elementary level through college. This four-generation Calvin family believes in the college’s Christ-centered mission, and would like to bless students with the opportunity to attend Calvin to pursue successful careers and thus make a significant impact on the West Michigan community and beyond. It is their hope this scholarship will allow students to attend Calvin who otherwise might not have been able to do so.
- entering freshman, sophomore, junior or senior year
- cumulative GPA of 3.00 or higher
- majoring in public health, business, social work or pursuing a degree in engineering or education
- must demonstrate Christian character, promise of growth, and participation and leadership in activities outside the classroom such as church, community, and extra-curricular activities
- financial need is required
Renewal criteria: Students who wish to be considered for renewal must file a new application each year and will be given equal consideration with other candidates.