Marge Houskamp Organ Scholarship
Mrs. Margaret A. (Marge) Houskamp was a long-time employee and an ardent supporter of Calvin. Her husband, Robert W. Houskamp, established this scholarship in her memory because of their mutual interest in church organ music and their concern about the declining number of organists who can adequately serve the church’s changing worship needs. Mr. Houskamp would like to encourage students to study organ music and to prepare themselves to serve the church as organists in future years.
- entering freshman year, sophomore, junior or senior year
- cumulative high school GPA of 3.20 or higher if entering as a first-year student or a cumulative college GPA of 3.00 or higher if entering their sophomore, junior or senior year
- planning to study organ at Calvin with a goal of becoming a church organist, either full-time or part-time, after graduation from Calvin
- financial need is not required
- preference is given to prospective first-year students
Renewal criteria: Students who wish to be considered for renewal must file a new application each year and will be given equal consideration with other candidates.