Alma and John Hoogland English Education Scholarship
Alma and John Hoogland met at Calvin College as English majors and they both taught English at several levels during their careers. John and Alma have created this scholarship out of their love for teaching English. Through this award, they hope to support English majors who want to pursue the same career.
- entering sophomore year
- cumulative GPA of 2.70 or higher
- pursuing a career as an English secondary education teacher
- first preference is given to members of Midland Park Christian Reformed Church in Midland Park, NJ
- second preference is given to members of any Christian Reformed Church in New Jersey
- financial need is considered
Renewal criteria: This scholarship is automatically renewable if the scholarship criteria continues to be met. Renewal is subject to funding availability.