Andy W. Schrier Memorial Scholarship
This scholarship was established in memory of Andrew Schrier, class of 1999, by a group of Andy’s friends and classmates at Calvin. They remember Andy’s enthusiasm for life, commitment to neighborhood development, eagerness to form strong friendships, and sharp sense of humor. They hope that students with a similar concern for social justice and community renewal will be benefited by this scholarship.
- entering sophomore, junior, or senior year
- cumulative GPA of 2.50 or higher
- preference is given to those with an emphasis in urban studies or development
- special consideration is given to a minority student or a student committed to living in an intentional community such as Project Neighborhood
- financial need is considered
Renewal criteria: This scholarship is automatically renewable if the recipient can provide documentation and/or verification of 50 or more hours of volunteer service or involvement with an organization dedicated to urban renewal/development.