Daniel C. Duyst Memorial Scholarship
This scholarship was established by the Daniel Duyst family of Grand Rapids, MI, to honor the memory of Daniel’s life of devoted service in law enforcement. Officer Duyst gave his life on Memorial Day 1994, at the age of 37, in a rescue attempt by selflessly responding to another’s need.
- entering junior or senior year
- cumulative GPA of 2.70 or higher
- interested in criminal justice programs and future criminal justice work
- demonstrate evidence of Christian motivation to serve others
- financial need is considered
- special consideration may be given to those who aspire to careers in law enforcement but those interested in a broad range of juvenile and criminal justice programs will also be considered
Renewal criteria: This scholarship is not automatically renewable. You must re-apply to be considered.