RoMan Manufacturing Asian Studies Scholarship
RoMan Manufacturing, established in 1980 and headquartered in Grand Rapids, MI, is a world’s leading producer of AC and DC power sources for industrial processing equipment. More recently, RoMan joined an American partner to create Global Welding Solutions, LLC which has entered into a joint venture with Shanghai Electric Group and Shanghai Medar Welding Equipment Company, Ltd. to produce transformers for the Asian market. Through this business relationship, RoMan recognizes the need for cross-cultural competency, Chinese language facility, and understanding of Chinese business and engineering practices. This scholarship supports focused, proficient students with a keen interest in China, both as a growing market and for a potential post-graduate career opportunity.
- entering sophomore, junior, or senior year
- cumulative GPA of 3.25 or higher
- studying (or planning to study) in China for a semester
- demonstrate a strong work ethic, insight into the China study experience, and a strong desire to go to China
- financial need is considered
- preference will be given to students majoring in business or pursuing a degree in engineering. Additional preference will be given to students with some Chinese language proficiency.
Renewal criteria: Students who have received the scholarship previously are eligible to receive this scholarship for another semester in China if they continue to meet the scholarship criteria. All other students must file a new application and will be given equal consideration with other candidates.