Cornelia and Marvin Vanden Bosch Scholarship
Cornelia (Scholten) Vanden Bosch established this scholarship in 1981, shortly after the death of her husband, Dr. Marvin P. Vanden Bosch (Calvin, ‘33), and in response to a grandson’s accidental injury and subsequent disability. It was Mrs. Vanden Bosch’s desire that students with disabilities be helped to obtain a Calvin education in spite of their disabilities. Although Mrs. Vanden Bosch is not college-educated, she is an avid supporter of Christian education, and particularly of Calvin, as was her late husband.
- entering freshman, sophomore, junior or senior year
- cumulative high school GPA of 2.50 or higher for incoming students; making satisfactory academic progress if a current student being considered for renewal
- physically disabled and whose disability is likely to continue indefinitely
- students who have substantial functional limitations will be given preference over those whose need for services is less extensive.
- using (or planning to use) the services provided by Disability Services
- financial need is considered
Renewal criteria: Renewals will be given preference over new applications provided the recipients maintain satisfactory academic progress and continue to demonstrate financial need. Renewal is subject to funding availability.