Richard and Janice Van Deelen Scholarship
Generations of the Mr. Richard and Mrs. Janice Van Deelen family have attended and graduated from Calvin. Janice has had a career in Christian education as an elementary school teacher and Richard has been in Christian adoption work his entire career. The Van Deelens have a strong desire for others to receive an excellent Christian education and the opportunities it brings for Christian service.
- entering junior or senior year
- cumulative GPA of 3.00 or higher
- sociology or social work major
- have been adopted, have a special interest in adoption, or are interested in working with children
- committed to the pro-life position on the issue of abortion
- financial need is considered
Renewal criteria: This scholarship is automatically renewable with a cumulative GPA of 3.00 or higher and with a continued interest in adoption and/or working with children. Renewal is subject to funding availability.