Ann, Myrtle, Eunice, Faith and Marie Huizenga Scholarship for Women
This scholarship was established by Philip L. Huizenga in honor and recognition of his sisters, Ann Huizenga, Myrtle Wells, Eunice Odom, Faith Hondorp, and his wife, Marie Houtman Huizenga, for the love, care and guidance they provided to him while he was growing up and during his marriage to Marie. Philip became part of their family as an infant in June of 1938 when he was “rescued” from a Shanghai orphanage by Myrtle who worked there as a nurse. This scholarship is intended to assist women students pursuing careers in the fields of medicine and social work with an interest in missions or service work.
- entering junior or senior year
- cumulative GPA of 3.20 or higher
- pursuing a career in the medical field such as physician, nurse, laboratory technician, administration or social work
- demonstrate a caring attitude
- interested in missions and a life of Christian service
- financial need is considered
Renewal criteria: This scholarship is not automatically renewable. You must re-apply to be considered.