CAS Department Mentoring Scholarship
The Communication Arts and Sciences Department at Calvin established this scholarship in an effort to recruit excellent first year students declaring a CAS major to Calvin. The program is funded by gifts from the CAS faculty and other contributions.
- entering freshman, sophomore, junior or senior year (with preference given to first year students)
- cumulative GPA of 3.00 or higher
- planning to major or pursue a program in communication arts and sciences
- demonstrate the potential to be a leader in the communication industry in future years
- willing to work closely with a faculty member for at least five hours weekly as a research assistant for the academic year
- financial need is not required
Renewal criteria: This scholarship is not renewable.
- Communication Arts and Sciences
- Supplemental Questions
- Why are you interested in a communication major? What are your strengths in and experience with communication? Why are you interested in having a communication faculty member as a mentor? What type of communication career do you hope to have?
- You must submit a recommendation from one or more of your high school teachers. If you have experience working in media, submit a recommendation from your mentor in that area.