James Lamse Memorial German Interim Abroad Scholarship
This scholarship was established by a participant in Dr. Lamse’s first interim and a former office employee to honor Dr. Lamse and to assist students with funding costs of the German Interim Abroad. Empowering students was always at the forefront for Dr. Lamse, and part of that empowerment was challenging students to live and work in another culture. To that end he led the first German Interim Abroad. For over 40 years that interim has been repeated.
- entering sophomore, junior, or senior year
- normally, have a cumulative GPA of 3.00 or higher
- currently enrolled in a German course or previously completed a course offered by the German department.
- financial need is considered
- first preference will be given to a student who has not previously studied abroad
- if the above criteria are met, personal and intellectual maturity, seriousness of purpose as demonstrated in academic work, interest in things German, and participation in extracurricular activities of the German department may also be considered
Renewal criteria: This scholarship is not renewable.